Sunday, February 15, 2009

A flying heart

I am sitting in an airport as I write this post insanely happy that there is free, yes you heard me correctly, free WIFI. It just makes my heart happy. There isn't much free in life anymore.

As I was thinking about today's post, I realized that as I have traveled over the last, ahem, couple of years (I didn't fly until I was 18 and leaving for college. Scared the pants off me the first time), airports are just about my least favorite places to be. Noise, germs, crying kids (occasionally my own), outrageously expensive food....you get the idea.

One exception to all this is MCI. Nope, not the telephone company. Kansas City International Airport (yeah, International. Kinda strikes me as funny too. Where in the world could you possibly fly to from Kansas City without a stopover somewhere?) Your bags usually arrive at the carousel before you do, parking is so cheap you could tip the guy who takes the money and still not have spent two bucks and being dropped at the curb means being approximately 10 feet from your gate. And I am not exaggerating. It's simply the most insanely easy airport to navigate. Period. End of story.

I heart MCI. And it doesn't hurt that it is my "home" airport. Yep, where I grew up. Never appreciated it until I started traveling more. Absence makes the heart grow fonder? It's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment