Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cooking....only not

I really dislike cooking. I’m telling you, there is nothing about the process that I heart….really.

My hubby has been out of town for nearly two weeks, so the level of cooking I have had to do is about a hundred million times more than I usually have to do (cause he is amazing and does all the cooking). And its about ten hundred million times more than I like to do.

Tonight I made something that I remember from my long ago past…when I had to cook because he didn’t work from home and the little munchkins (we had six of em) wanted to actually eat three times a day…sometimes more.

So, this couldn’t be an easier recipe, but I’m sure you already figured that out. I make rice and salad and rolls (well, I make myself go to the store and buy those) and hardly feel like I’ve cooked. Not to mention, the kids loved it. Try it sometime. I think you’ll heart this recipe as much as I do.

Chili Cranberry Chicken
Yield: 4-6 servingsPrep: 30 minutes

1/2 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
2 Tbs orange marmalade
1/8 tsp ground allspice
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

Combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, slowly brown chicken on both sides in oil. Pour chili sauce mixture over chicken, simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked and sauce is of desired consistency. Turn and baste occasionally.



Yummy, easy chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment