Thursday, April 23, 2009

I wish I'd lived there

The book club I belong to recently finished reading Anne of Green Gables. I wish I'd lived in that magical place and time.

Yes, I know it is a made up story, but Prince Edward Island is real and L.M. Montgomery's flourishing depictions left me longing to have lived there. I also would very much have loved to be friends with Anne Shirley. What a delightful character! A true friend, a firm believer (and make-believer) and fiercely loyal to her family. What a lovely thought....




Several years ago I watched the mini series featuring Megan Fallows on PBS. I loved it so much that I bought the videos (okay, maybe it was more than several years ago). I think it's time to drag them out and give them another whirl.

Anne of Green Gables...definitely stuff i heart.

1 comment:

  1. Anne Of Green Gables in my most favorite movie EVER! I had my friend pick up the DVD's for me in Canada (cheaper there) :) I still watch them all the time.... Sign, now I want to go watch it again.

    :)r.

    ReplyDelete